The Native Sons of the Golden West (NSGW) is a fraternal order with roots dating back almost to the founding of California.
Founded in 1875, the NSGW was organized for the mutual benefit, social interaction of its members and to perpetuate, in the minds of all native Californians, the memories of one of the most wonderful eras in the world’s history, the Days of 1849. Fairfax Parlor of the Native Sons of the Golden West was established in 1949 and enjoys a growing membership; with over 500 members, it is the largest parlor in California.
Contributions to the local community include an annual scholarship program, the installation of lights at the Fairfax Pavilion, the restoration of the day-use areas at Samuel P. Taylor State Park and the sponsorship of the West Marin Little League.JOIN THE SONS
Check out the new database with over 1200 entries highlighting the historical, educational, civic and military dedications performed by the Native Sons since the Order’s inception. The database can be sorted by dedication name, year, city, county, and type.HISTORICAL MARKERS & DEDICATIONS
If you’re looking for camaraderie and to join a group of people who care about California’s and Fairfax’s past and future, join the Native Sons today…